Friday, February 10, 2012

The shoe saga continues

Remember how we bought expensive shoes because the cheap shoes we bought lasted one whole month?

Well, the expensive shoes lasted 3.5 months. About even, cost-per-day-wise, but I'd very much prefer to buy new shoes because they are outgrown, not because they are destroyed.

Since the toe seemed to be the problem, we went with Keen this time. They are known for their super rugged toe. Bonus: the designs lend themselves to wider shoes, so we didn't need to exclusively look at wide-width shoes (of which there is surprisingly little selection, and none meeting our criteria of rugged toe and waterproof).

I gave him a few choices of style and color, and he picked these rather consistently:

Keen Skyline Waterproof Multi-Sport Shoe in Drizzle/Black

I wasn't confident he would still like them when they got here a mere 3 days later, but he grinned like a fool when I showed him the box. Then when I tried them on him, he excitedly told me he could walk (And run! And jump! And hop!") in them, too!

Even better - they cost $10 less than the expensive 3.5-month shoes. Still more than I hoped to spend on toddler shoes, but not too bad, especially if they last. (And - gasp - maybe even can be handed down?!)

YAY new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment